The Nature Of The Architectural Surfaces And The Structural Relationships In Order To Build Stability And Formal Balance
The architectural surface represents one of the main pillars of formal configuration that work with each other to give the building external appearance and its formal properties. In general, the most important challenges facing the study of architecture is the analysis of The Structural Relationships under which the formal formation and formulas for generating its patterns within the different architectural directions to benefit from her in the process of architectural education. This research paper represented a step in the way of analyzing and establishing an information base for architectural propositions that dealt with surfaces according to Structural Relationships with multiple linking, modulating mechanisms, and applying that to selected models for outstanding architectural works throughout architectural history, Then these mechanisms were crystallized and explained precisely and in detailed drawings using the AutoCAD program, reaching the characteristics of the formal configuration at the level of balance and stability resulting from the nature of these architectural surfaces and the relationships according to which. The research methodology is based on building comprehensive theoretical framework on the form, architectural surfaces and structural relationships, as this is considered a necessity to explore the mechanisms by which the designer works within the Modernity and Deconstruction architecture
2. Abd Al-Ahad, Enas Salem, Al-Mamouri, Abdullah Saadoun Salman,“Decorating and transforming architectural surfaces across different architectural eras”, University of Technology - Department of Architecture, Iraq, Baghdad, Iraqi Journal of Architecture and Planning, Volume , 14/2018.
3. Al- Allaf, Imad Hani,"The structural characteristics of the traditional heritage door entrances in the old city of Mosul”, Al-Rafidain Engineering,2014
4. Al-Jadri, Hassan Ali, Salim, Yunus Mahmoud Muhammad, “The Impact of Using Solar System Technology as External Finishing Materials on Architectural Production”, Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume 28, Number 11, 2010.
5. Amidwari Sumaya, "Balance is the Essence of Islamic Architecture", Horizons of Islamic Civilization, Academy of Human Sciences and Cultural Studies, Twenty-first Year, First Issue, Spring and Summer 1439 AH, 1-22.
6. Ching, F., "Architecture, form, space & order", Nostrand Van Reinhold Company ;(1979).
7. Durmus Serap a *, Sengul Oymen Gur ,"Methodology of deconstruction in architectural education", Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences 15, sciencedirect, (2011).
8. Hefzy Omar Jalal, “Interior Architectural Design between the Plurality of Intellectual Concepts in the Twentieth Century”, A Comparative Case between Modernity Architecture and Postmodern Architecture, Master Thesis, An-Najah National University, Nablus, Palestine, 2012.
9. Heiba, Khaled Mahmoud, “Contemporary Architecture and Technology: A Critical View of the Effects of Digital Technology on the Architectural Trends Prevailing at the Beginning of the Twenty-first Century. Umm Al-Qura Univ. J. Eng.& Arch. Vol. 5, No.1, pp. 53-78 (2013)
10. Hussein, Nubi Muhammad, “The Architectural Void from Modernity to Deconstruction - A Critical View”, Journal of Engineering Sciences, Assiut University, Egypt, 2017.
11. Edowrad, Jeannere, Charles, Le Corbusier, 1887 - 1965 2/- 2018 .
12. Jassim, Nagham Ahmad, “The Impact of the Formal and Organizational Characteristics of the Product on Its Aesthetic Evaluation,” according to the specificity of the Iraqi academic practice.
13. Mitchell, W. "The logic of Architecture", the Mit press, Cambridge Mass.,(1992).
14. Mumtaz Reham Ibrahim, Abdel Qader Zainab Faisal, “Deconstruction in Architecture between Philosophy and Practice”, Journal of Architecture and Urbanism - Faculty of Engineering - Assiut University, Egypt, 2010
15. Sokol, David, Mafi, Nick,"Spectacular Buildings Designed by Frank Gehry" Discover these amazing buildings devised by the Pritzker Prize–winning architect over the past five decades, 2018.
16. Yucesar, Dilek “Contemporary Architecture and Technology: Critical View to the Effects of Digital Technology on Architectural Trends at the Beginnings of Twenty First Century” athesise, , 2004.
17. Yaqoub, Lina Ghanem, “Digital Architecture: Study of the Formal Characteristics of Digital Architecture”, University of Technology, Department of Architecture.
Copyright (c) 2021 Anwar Shareef
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
You are free to use the work, but you have to attribute (refer to) the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN grants you the right to publish the metadata of the journal, it's issues and articles under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Author(s) hold the copyright of their aricles without restrictions. However, IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN holds publishing rights for articles and their revisions once the article is published.
Authors can archive pre-prints (ie pre-refereeing) and post-prints (i.e. final draft post-refereeing) versions of the work they submitted to IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN using non-for-profit open-access servers whether on author's personal website and/or institutional repositories including the university or research center where the author work.. For post-prints, only the IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN’s as-published PDF version is permitted and the published source (IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN’s website) must be clearly acknowledged within the archiving webpage.