The Effect of Music on The International Architectural Design Process Output
Music has always had it's generative role to build societies as one of modern culture basis . Arab Muslims had their own share of music industry as Al Farabi divided melodies to : delightful , imaginary & emotional , As Ibn Khadoon assured that civilizations fall as music falls eventually , some declared that music can transfer a still painting to a musical , motionable or aesthetic view of expression . As music's role is increasing in fields specially architecture , thus , the main problem comes about musical architectural relationship , revealing the special case of somposing architectural texture musically , & the research problem exposed lack of knowledge about it & affection of music on architecture with outputs by subjecting architecture to music to promote outputs of design . This research aims to clarify that relationship & apply it on international buildings as the reseach concluded that sensual & moral indications can motivate designer's imagination to design his outlines , aiming architectural use of music to produce intellectual joy ( objective ) reaching visible joy ( subjective ) by comprehensing an indicated concept based on previous experiments , as conclusions included that slow rhythm music leads to curved line and organic shapes & to straight lines & angles when listening to fast rhythem music
- Dictionary of Alwaseet(maejimalwasit)[Arabic], pp. 898 - 899, Part II, the scientific library, Tehran, 1979.
- Dictionary of Almawred(,maejamalmurid)[Arabic], p. 120, Dar Al - Ilm for Millions, 1981.
- Sisi, Yusuf, Invitation to Music(daewat 'iilaaalmusiqaa)[Arabic], published book, p. 32, Freedom House, First edition, 1981 AD.
, Ali, Raafat, Triangle of Architectural Creativity - Environment and Vacuum(thulathiatal'iibdaealmuemarii - albiyatwalfaraghu,)[Arabic], p. 3, published book, Al-Shorouk Press, Cairo, 1997.
- Sisi, Previous source p. 66.
-Dictionary of Alwaseet, Previoussource p.898-899
- Dictionary of Almaani(qamusalmaeani)[arabic], p. 333, Dar Al-Sharq, edition 28, 1972 AD.
-Sisi, Previous source p. 75.
- Khatib, Ahmed Shafiq, dictionary of Scientific, Technical and Engineering Terms(mejamalmustalahataleilmiatwalfaniyatwalhandasia)[arabic], pp. 35-36, published study, Lebanon Library, Beirut, 1991.
- Obaid, d. Mohammed Saber, published study, al Rafidain journal, p. 11, no. 18, 2010.
-Previous source p.55
Al-Qattan, Ahmad, Music(almusiqaa)[arabic], published study, p. 5, Al-Azhar University, Faculty of Engineering, 2008.
Haddad, d. Rami, Music in Stress Relief, p. 21, published study, 2007
- Abdel Aziz, D. Omar, Music of Presence(musiqaaalwujud)[Arabic], p. 30, Research published on the Internet, 2009.
- Previoussource p.51
- Abbas, Al-Jarari, Structural Elements of Music(almukawinatalbinayiyatlilmusiqaa)[arabic], p. 2, published study, 2010.
-Previous source p.3
-Abdel Aziz, Previous source p.67
-Concordia, Music is Liquid Architecture(almusiqaaeamaratsayila)[Arabic], pp. 12-13, 14, published on the Internet, 1998.
- Mohammed, Khaled, 2008.The Role of the Relationship between Music and Architecture in Architectural Design(dawralealaqatbaynalmusiqaa w aleamarat fi altasmimalmuemarii)[Arabic], A Study Published on the Internet.
- Sloterdijk, 2010.Architecture as Obscure Art (aleamaratkafnmaghmur)[Arabic], p. 22 - p. 23 - p. 26, study published on the Internet.
Sheppard, Marilyn, Music of Architecture (musiqaaaleamara)[Arabic], pp. 11 - p. 12 - p. 13, study published on the Internet, 2011.
- Zadeh, Arabs, The Sensory Vision of Space in Music (alruwyatalhasiyatlilfada' fi almusiqaa)[Arabic], Architecture and Literature, pp. 8 - p. 9 - p. 10 - p. 15 A study published on the Internet, 2012.
- Dorgan, Robert, Music in Architecture - Architecture in Music (almusiqaa fi aleamarat - aleamarat fi almusiqaa)[Arabic], p. 6 - p. 12, online study, 2014.
Berger, Wein, Music and its impact on behavior and brain(almusiqaawatathiruhaealaaalsuluk w almakh)[Arabic], p. 33 - p. 38, published study on the Internet,2015
- Holl, Steven, 1991.The House of Stretto house, A Study published on the Internet.
- Cage, John, 1988.Music and Architecture(almusiqaa w aleamara)[Arabic], pp. 12-22, published on the Internet.
- Niumen, 2010.Music of the Bibop in Architecture(musiqaaalbybwb fi aleamara)[arabic], pp. 8-p. 16, study published on the Internet.
Cairo University, 2009.Architecture and Music in Egypt (aleamarat w almusiqaa fi misr)[Arabic], published on the Internet.
Jerry, Frank, 1992.Study of the Dancing Building, pp. 12-13 pp. 15, published on the Internet.
- Jubouri, yasar, 2009.the first chapter of the master's thesis - architecture, What is Architecture?(mahiat aleamara)[Arabic].
Copyright (c) 2019 Mahdi Saleh Al-Ataabi, Sana Ali Ibrahim Alobaidy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
You are free to use the work, but you have to attribute (refer to) the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN grants you the right to publish the metadata of the journal, it's issues and articles under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Author(s) hold the copyright of their aricles without restrictions. However, IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN holds publishing rights for articles and their revisions once the article is published.
Authors can archive pre-prints (ie pre-refereeing) and post-prints (i.e. final draft post-refereeing) versions of the work they submitted to IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN using non-for-profit open-access servers whether on author's personal website and/or institutional repositories including the university or research center where the author work.. For post-prints, only the IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN’s as-published PDF version is permitted and the published source (IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN’s website) must be clearly acknowledged within the archiving webpage.