Textile Strategies in Contemporary Architecture
The textile in architecture is an old phenomenon, as the mixing of architecture and textiles is not a modern development. The fusion of textiles and architecture, including processes, techniques and various materials, has a long and full history, but is largely neglected. In the past two decades, interest in the combination of architecture and textiles has been renewed with the ideas and ideas of architectural theorists, engineers, textile designers, materials scientists and artists. by investing technological technologies at The level of modern design and construction processes and advanced materials, has formed an important aspect of the critical and critical dialogue in applied and educational practice, In the 1990s, architecture found new ways to express itself by computer design, which allowed for the study of complex, flexible, dynamic and free forms with accuracy and precision. In its attempt to study the concept of textile in architecture, through the analysis of studies, there was a lack of knowledge, where the concept was not widely addressed and the study of strategies and inventory techniques. Which identified the research problem (lack of comprehension of previous studies of textile strategies and their use in contemporary architecture), The objective of the research was to construct a comprehensive theoretical framework that illustrates the strategies of textile and its use in contemporary architecture, This required the construction of a theoretical framework drawn from the literary, historical and architectural studies and the elaboration of the main vocabulary, which is included three vocabulary, the strategy of nature simulation, the strategy of emulating traditions and customs, the strategy of employing science and innovation, It has been applied to selected projects for practical study belonging to the third millennium (21st century) and carries the idea of textile strategies and techniques, The main hypothesis is that "the characteristics of contemporary architextile vary in order to achieve the aesthetic, performance and functional dimensions of the different strategies adopted in contemporary architecture." Then subtract and analyze the final findings and conclusions.
1. Abbas, Sanaa Satie, Dawood Rana Mumtaz, Strategy for the Simulation of Nature and Sustainable Architectural Form - An Analytical Study of the Organic Forms through Architectural Works by Eguen Tsui,(strategy muhakat al tabeea wa al shakel al memary al mustdam- derasa tahlilia le al ashkal al edweeya mn khlal amal al meamary "Eguen Tsui"), [Arabic], Research published in Iraqi Journal of Architecture, Department of Architecture, University of Technology, 2008.
2. Abu al-Azzam, Abdul Ghani, "Dictionary of al ghani Al zahir,"(majam al ghani al zahir) [Arabic], the establishment of the al ghani for publication, 2013, character (n)
3. Abu Ayed, Ammar, "An exciting book on the phenomenon of convergence in Arabic literature,(ketaab mutheer an Al tanaas fee al adeb al arabi) [Arabic], published article - Union magazine, 2009.
4. Ajam, An'am Issa Kazem, The aesthetic values of the decorative units in the shrine of the Prophet Zulkifl,(Al keiam al jamalia le al whdat al zghrufia fee marked al nabi thuo al kefel) [Arabic], Research published in the Journal of Babel Center for Human Studies, Vol. 3, No. 2, Babylon University, Faculty of Fine Arts, Department of Art Education, 2013.
5. Al Shami, Saleh Ahmed, Islamic Art Commitment and creativity,(Al fan al eslamy eltzam wa ebdaa) [Arabic], 1st edition Dar Al-Qalam for publication and distribution, 1990.
6. Al-Baalbaki, Munir, Al-Mawarid,(Almawrid) [Arabic], Dar Al-Ilm for millions, 11th edition, Beirut, 1977
7. Al-Bajari, Ahmed Loay Ahmed, "The Effect of Digital Technology on Ecological and Biological Formations in Local Architecture",(Ather al technology al rakamia alaa al teshkeelat al beaya wa al bayolojia fee al emara al mahalia) [Arabic], Master Thesis submitted to the University of Technology, 2010.
8. Al-Bustani, Maha Abdel Hamid, "Simulation of Tradition in Postmodern Theory and Practice",(Muhakat al takaleed fee ma bad al hadatha al nadaria wa al tatbeek) [Arabic], PhD thesis submitted to the Department of Architecture, University of Technology, 1996.
9. Al-Dujaili, Sahar Hilal Abdul-Redha, "Strategies for Urban Renewal in Historic Centers",(Strategies al tajded al hadary fee al marakz al hadaria) [Arabic], PhD thesis submitted to the College of Engineering, University of Baghdad, Department of Architecture, 2012.
10. Al-Waseet Dictionary, Arabic Language Complex,(Majmaa al logha al arabia) [Arabic], Shurooq International Library, edition 4, 2004.
11. Fabric Study Students Handbook+Practical Manual for Class XII, central board of secondary education in collaboration with national institute of fashion technology First Edition: June 2014, CBSE, India.
12. Faegre, Torvald. Tents architecture of the nomads. No. 728.79 F3. 1979
13. Garcia, Mark. "Architecture+ Textiles= Architextiles."Architectural Design 76.6(2006):5-
14. Hassan, Mohamed Hassan, Studies in Educational Thought,(Derasat fee al fiker al tarbawy) [Arabic], 2nd edition Dar Al Sharq for Publishing, Distribution and Printing - Saudi Arabia, 1983.
15. Hawas, M. Ahmed Mohamed, The Influence of doctrines on the Islamic Architecture of Mosques,(tatheer al mathahb alaa al emara al eslamia le al masajed) [Arabic], The Anglo - Egyptian Library, 2006.
16. Hilal, Maysoun Mohi, Khawla Hadi, Khawla Kareem, "Sustainability in Architecture - A Study on the Role of Sustainable Design Strategies in Reducing Impacts on the Urban Environment",(Al estedama fee al emara- baheth fee dour strategieat al tasmeem al mustdam fee tqleel al tatherat alaa al beea al umraneia) [Arabic], 13th Cairo International Conference on Engineering, Cairo, Egypt, 2014.
17. Ismail, Mohammed Zaki, Abdul Wahab Sar al-Khatm, Philosophy,(Al falsafa) [Arabic], the educational publishing house, Khartoum, 1st edition, 1974.
18. Kareza, Abbas, "Coding as a strategy for contemporary architecture",(Al tarmeez strategy tawasul le al emara al muaasera) [Arabic], PhD thesis submitted to the Department of Architecture, University of Technology, 2005.
19. Kshirsagar, Ar Anjali Prashant, Ar Seema Santosh Malani, and Er Vikramsinh S. Tiware. "Biomimicry–Nature Inspired Building Structures." International Journal of Engineering 10.1: 2017.
20. Kuusisto, Terhi Kristiina. "Textile in architecture.Tampere university of technology, faculty of built environment: school of architecture, department of architectural design: building construction, master thesis. ." 2010.
21. Mandour, Mohamed, "Literature and Arts",( Aladab wa fenonha) [Arabic], Nahdet Misr for Printing, Publishing and Distribution, 5th edition, 2006.
22. Miftah, Mohamed, "Concepts and Attributes Towards Realistic Interpretation",(Al mafaheem maalem nhwa taaweel wakee) [Arabic], Publisher Arab Cultural Center - Casablanca - Morocco, 2nd edition, 2010.
23. Moor, Tina, Andrea Weber Marin, and Janine Häberle. "An aesthetic approach to the use of textiles in architecture."2014.
24. Omar, Ahmed Mokhtar, Dictionary of Modern Arabic Language,(majam al lugha al arabia al muaaser) [Arabic], World of Books, Volume I, First Edition, 2008.
25. Rashid, Hussein, "The Canaries of the Marshlands" The Magic of Simplicity and Unique Architecture",(beuot al kassab al ehwaria seher al bsata wa tefrud al emara) [Arabic], published article, Journal of the Electronic al meda, 2016.
26. Robert, Kronenbourg. "Flexible: architecture that responds to change." Laurence King, London 2007.
27. Supartono, F. X., Z. Li, and X. Wang. "Membrane structure: A modern and aesthetic structural system." Seminar dan Pameran HAKI. 2011.
28. Swidan, Abeer Hamed Ali Ahmed, "The Concept of Flow Architecture and its Return on Interior Design and Furniture in the Shadow of Advanced Digital Technology",(Mafhum al emara al ensiabia wa mardoduha alaa al tasmem al dakhlee fee dil al technology al rakamia al mutakadema) [Arabic], Research published on the Internet, Faculty of Fine Arts, Damietta University, Journal of Architecture and Arts, Issue 8, 2017.
29. Vitruvius Pollio, Marcus. "The ten books of architecture (Trans. H. Morgan)." 1960.
30. Wazen, Abda, "The Creative Writer Who Told Language and Being,"(Al ketab al khalaq al thee sael al lugha wa al kaunona) [Arabic], article published in Al Hayat, 2017.
31. Wigglesworth, Ruth. Architecture and textiles. MS thesis. 2010.
32. Wilson, Eva, "Islamic Decorations and Drawings",(Al zkharef wa al resoom al eslamia) [Arabic], translated by Marioud, Dar Gabes for Printing, Publishing and Distribution, Beirut - Lebanon, edition 1
34.Harvie , Gregor ,"The history of fabric structures" article ,IHBC Conservation Wiki, 2018.
Sources of samples of the practical study
The seconde project
Copyright (c) 2019 Ban Sultan Janabi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
You are free to use the work, but you have to attribute (refer to) the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN grants you the right to publish the metadata of the journal, it's issues and articles under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Author(s) hold the copyright of their aricles without restrictions. However, IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN holds publishing rights for articles and their revisions once the article is published.
Authors can archive pre-prints (ie pre-refereeing) and post-prints (i.e. final draft post-refereeing) versions of the work they submitted to IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN using non-for-profit open-access servers whether on author's personal website and/or institutional repositories including the university or research center where the author work.. For post-prints, only the IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN’s as-published PDF version is permitted and the published source (IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN’s website) must be clearly acknowledged within the archiving webpage.