Sustainable Transportation and Urban Form
The development of the means of transportation lead to travelling to new areas, and settled in suburban, so it was necessary to study the relationship between sustainable transportation and urban form .The research problem was that (there was a gab about the role of sustainable transportation in urban form). The aim of this paper is to build a theoretical frame work about this relationships. The paper described and analyzed two, Arabic and international samples, which have been chosen according to the variety of sustainable transportation as an urban strategy .The paper concluded that, the urban form based on sustainable transportation distinct, by cohesion and compactance at the local level, and multiplicity of nuclei in the large cities .The sustainable transport patterns by walking enhance the preservation of heritage and historical areas, also meets the human needs .
قديد , محمد محمود, "تخطيط النقل الحضري", المدونة العربية للدراسات والبحوث الجغرافية, سبتمبر 2009 ,مصر.
وليام. هاي ,"مقدمة في هندسة النقل", ترجمة (ترجمة د.سعيد عبد الرحمن,انيس عبد الله), جامعة الملك سعود,1999, السعودية.
الدلفي, عبد جبيل," جغرافية النقل الاقتصادي", كلية التربية الانسانية , جامعة بابل,2013
- Department of Transportation," Livability in Transportation", Guidebook, U.S. Federal Highway Administration Office of Planning, Environment and Federal Transit Administration, USA,2007
- Ewing, Reid,"How to Create More Walkable Cities", Human World, USA, 2010.
- Hanson S. & Schwab M., "Accessibility and Interurban" ,School of Geography ,Clark University, Westchester, USA ,1987.
- Jaccobs ,Allan B.,"Great Street" ,MIT press U.K,1995.
- Jacobs, Jane, "The Death and Life of Great American City- The Failure of Town Planning", Island Press,USA,1961.
- Jenks,Mike,"City Form- The Sustainable Urban Form Consortium", Department of Architecture, Oxford Brookes University ,U.K ,2005 .
- Milakis, Dimitris , etal. ,"Relationships between Urban Form and Travel Behavior in Athens, Greece - A Comparison with Western European and North American Results", Department of Geography and Regional Planning, National Technical University of Athens, EJTIR ,USA, 2008.
- Moughtin, Cliff with Shirley, Peter ,"Urban Design: Green Dimentions" ,Second Edition, Architectural Press, An Imprint of Elsevier Science,USA,2005.
- Moughtin ,Cliff,"Urban Design ,Street and Square" , Architectural Press, An Imprint of Elsevier Science,USA,2003.
- Poole, Ian," Pedestrian Streets and Squares in Historic Towns and Cities- Design and Maintenance Issues in Europe", Council of European
- Swift, Peter ,"New Urbanism Neighborhood Design Features" Victoria Transport Policy Institute, Canada,2000.
- Transportation Demand Management, TDM,"Transit Oriented Development", Victoria Transport Policy Institute , Canada ,2012.
- Van den Berg, Leo and etal.," The Attractive City" . European Institute for Comparative Urban Research (Euricur) , Netherland , 1999.
- Vander Ray, Sim, Calthorp,Peter , "Sustainable Communities: A New Design Synthesis for Cities, Suburbs and Towns", Amazon, USA, 1986.
- Victoria Transport Policy Institute, "Land Use Density and Clustering", Victoria Transport Policy Institute, Canada ,2011 :
Copyright (c) 2019 Sana Sati Abbas, Yahya Tayyeh Imran
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
You are free to use the work, but you have to attribute (refer to) the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN grants you the right to publish the metadata of the journal, it's issues and articles under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Author(s) hold the copyright of their aricles without restrictions. However, IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN holds publishing rights for articles and their revisions once the article is published.
Authors can archive pre-prints (ie pre-refereeing) and post-prints (i.e. final draft post-refereeing) versions of the work they submitted to IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN using non-for-profit open-access servers whether on author's personal website and/or institutional repositories including the university or research center where the author work.. For post-prints, only the IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN’s as-published PDF version is permitted and the published source (IRAQI J. ARCHIT & PLANN’s website) must be clearly acknowledged within the archiving webpage.